'Transformation of Zeus II' Limited Edition Marble Sculpture
- Carrara marble
- Fragment bust
- Dimensions: 25cm x 20cm x 10cm
- Weight: 3.4kg
- Limited Edition of 50 + 2AP
- Studio stamp on bottom of sculpture
- Supplied with signed & numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Shipped in a bespoke wooden case.
- The case features a limited edition screenprint of the 3d scan point cloud data of Jhona Burjack, used to create the sculpture.
‘The Transformation of Zeus II’ sculpture explores mythology, the avatar and the distortion of identity through technological advancement. The sculpture is made using technologically advanced and traditional techniques, using Carrara marble as the material.
Utilising 3D scanning, Jam digitises the human form and creates ‘avatar’ sculptures which reference mythological transformations of identity. The mythological transformation of identity is linked to online fictional persona and the ‘technoself’.
Throughout ancient Greek mythology, transformation and metamorphosis featured heavily, especially in the stories of Zeus and his various love affairs. Zeus used transformation to manipulate, deceive and lure for the purpose of intimacy. Here Zeus transforms into a Satyr.
The sculpture references relics of antiquity through glitches and cracks created by data misalignment during the 3D scanning process. The resulting work is a neo-classical depiction and exploration of human existence and identity in a technological society.
For any questions please contact email@example.com